Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dennis the Menace

Noah has become known as Dennis the Menace around our house.  He is always up to something.  Since he started crawling and walking he has always been investigating and exploring every corner of our house.  He takes things apart, rearranges, hides, etc.  Lately, he's starting trying to outsmart me.  Yesterday, after 15 minutes of questioning the boys over their lunch choices, he decides on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  This always means a "choo-choo sandwich" at our house.  (cut out with the train sandwich cutter)  When I gave him his sandwich he said, "No, I can't eat this.  Daddy said I can't eat choo-choo sandwiches."  He even tried to throw it away.  Obviously, he and I had a little battle of the wills but he kept insisting that Daddy said he couldn't have it.  (He didn't want it cut in a train shape today.) Finally, I called Bobby and put him on the speaker and he told Noah to eat the sandwich.  Noah just looked at me, hung his head, mumbled "Ok" and started eating. 

Today we had a similar situation.  We have told the kids they could no longer watch Sponge Bob and they boys beg to watch it every day.  We really should have never let them watch it but the 30 minutes of quiet was so nice. (haha!) Noah brought me my cell phone today and told me to lean over and put my ear on it.  I asked him why and he said I had a phone call.  My first thought was who has he called this time.  (This kid is obsessed with my cell phone.)  I looked down and saw that there wasn't a call.  He told me that Mimi was on the phone and wanted to talk to me.  I kept saying that Mimi wasn't on the phone.  He told me that Mimi wanted to talk to me to tell me that I need to let him watch Sponge Bob.  (At this point, I am really trying not to laugh!) I reminded him that he wasn't watching it and he said, "Mommy, Mimi said I have to.  You have to do what Mimi said."  Noah is always coming up with something like this. This little guy's brain is in overdrive all the time concocting some new scheme.  Please start praying for the teenage years!

I know I already posted this but the picture says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment